top of page
  • The Forensic Child Interviewing Program ensures that investigative interviews of child victims and witnesses of federal crimes are tailored to the child's stage of development and minimize any additional trauma to the child. FBI child interview specialists directly assist with some interviews and provide detailed training to special agents and other law enforcement personnel on child interviewing.

  • The Field Office Victim Assistance Program places victim specialists in FBI field offices across the country to personally assist victims of federal crimes investigated by the division or field office where they work.

  • The Victim Notification System—available in both English and Spanish—is an automated system that provides victims with information about their cases.

Victim Resources

Rights of Federal Crime Victims

FBI Resources for Helping Victims

Coping with Crime Victimization

A Brief Description of the Federal Criminal Justice Process

Seeking Victim Information


Victim Assistance



Brochure: Information for Victims of Crime


Brochure: Information for Victims of Human Trafficking

Immigration Relief for Victims of Human Trafficking and Other Crimes


Most Wanted: Human Trafficking/Smuggling


Victim Witness Assistance Program


Office on Trafficking in Persons


OJP - ​Grants & Funding

Crime Victims Fund

Victim Compensation Programs Help Victims

 Cope with the Costs of Violent Crime

Crime victim compensation programs in states across the country help victims of violence every day, paying for the costs of medical care, mental health counseling, and lost time at work, as well as funerals and other expenses that families face in the aftermath of homicide.  Close to $500 million annually is paid to and on behalf of more than 200,000 people suffering criminal injury, including victims of spousal and child abuse, rape, assault, and drunk driving, as well as families of murder victims.

​Click here to contact your state program if you are a victim, or someone helping a victim.If you want to apply for victim compensation, you should contact the program in the state where the crime occurred.  There is no national or federal victim compensation program, except for U.S. residents who are victims of terrorism in foreign countries.



bottom of page